What Warranty Options Can Be Offered for a Used Car?
Vehicles are one of the most important investments in most people’s lives. It’s critical to protect your vehicle with warranty options. Auto Liquidators Plus in Tyler, TX, and the DFW area offers a limited warranty to protect your vehicle for a set number of years or miles. We’re proud of our warranty that covers a wide range of components and a car’s condition and performance. No matter the superior quality of your vehicle, it’s essential to include a comprehensive protection plan. Vehicles have a way of springing transmission, motor, and electrical system issues, no matter their age or condition. We’ll explain the different types of warranty options that can be offered for used cars. You never want to get stuck with a wild bill for repairs.
What Is a Used Car Warranty?
A used car warranty is a type of warranty that covers a used car in times of repair or damage. A used car warranty refers to a warranty that drivers can use for major repairs in most cases. The most common types of used car warranties include a limited warranty, certified pre-owned warranty, or a used car extended warranty.
Do Used Cars Come with a Warranty?
The only used car bought with a warranty is a certified pre-owned (CPO) vehicle. There are instances where a manufacturer’s warranty is still valid for a specific used car. Other cases include when a car may be covered under an extended warranty that needs to be transferred to the new owner. Our used vehicles at Auto Liquidators Plus are offered with a limited warranty.
About Our Used Car Limited Warranty
At Auto Liquidators Plus, we offer the option to pair your pre-owned car, truck, or SUV with our limited warranty. Our limited warranty features include:
- Powertrain – Covers up to three years or 36,000 miles on cars under 140,000 miles or over $9,995. The powertrain warranty covers the motor, drive train, and transmission. You’ll have a $100 deductible per occurrence.
- Steering – Our limited warranty covers many of your steering components. You’ll have coverage on your linkages, power steering pump, couplings, cooler and cooler linings, seals and gaskets, manual and power steering housing and internal parts, and your control valve and cylinder.
- Front and Rear Suspension – We cover your vehicle’s front and rear suspension. You’ll have a limited warranty on the upper and lower ball joints, control arm shafts and bushings, stabilizer shaft linkage and bushings, kingpins and bushings, spindle and spindle support, torsion bars, upper and lower control arms, and strut bar and bushing.
- Brakes – Our limited warranty covers your brakes. This means it covers your hydraulic lines and fittings, power brake cylinder, master cylinder, disc brake caliper, wheel cylinders compensating valve, and vacuum assist booster.
- Electrical – Our electrical warranty coverage includes your starter drive, starter motor, voltage regulator, alternator, and starter solenoid.
- Air Conditioner – It’s essential to have cool air conditioning on hot days. Our limited coverage includes your condenser, compressor, condenser, idler pulley, evaporator, idler pulley bearing, and compressor clutch and pulley. We’ll also cover any parts during repair if they’re connected to covered parts, including the orifice tube, POA valve, oil, and refrigerant, expansion valve accumulator/receive dryer and hi-low pressure cut-off switch.
What Does “As Is” Mean When Buying a Used Car?
When you buy anything “as is,” it typically means it doesn’t come with a warranty. You must purchase a warranty for the used car. A warranty company or dealership will not cover all costs associated with the vehicle. Before signing the dotted line on a new vehicle, it’s critical to determine if that vehicle comes with a warranty. You can check if your vehicle has a warranty by asking questions and reviewing the buyer’s guide. You can use the vehicle identification number (VIN) to determine if the used car is still under the factory warranty.
Used Car Extended Warranty
An extended used car warranty is a warranty that helps protect your used vehicle against breakdowns for a more extended period than the new car limited warranty. The most important thing to remember is that most warranty companies want to make money. They’ve done their homework to ensure they come out on top. You may spend more money on an extended warranty than you would ever spend on repair costs during the valid time of your warranty.
Used Car Aftermarket Extended Warranty
When you purchase coverage from third-party warranty providers, you’re typically allowed to buy that coverage at almost any mileage or time. This means you aren’t limited to repairs, and you can take the car to any licensed repair facility. Many people never use their aftermarket extended warranty, so some drivers would rather pay for the repairs than the warranty.
Used Car Manufacturer Warranty
Used car manufacturer warranties are purchased from the manufacturer of the vehicle. Some manufacturers provide extended coverage through a separate administrator for varying term lengths and coverage choices.
Is A Used Car Warranty Worth It?
A used car warranty is worth it due to the unexpected event of something going wrong with your car. It’s important to consider a few things when deciding to purchase a used car warranty:
- Vehicle Mileage – Older vehicles with over 100,000 miles may be prone to issues.
- Vehicle Reliability – It’s important to check the model’s reliability rating and read customer reviews to learn about possible vehicle issues.
- Duration of Ownership – You should consider the amount of time you want to own the specific vehicle and determine if a warranty may increase its resale value.
Used Car Warranty Cost
Used car warranty costs are not all the same. Depending on the providers, warranty costs are very different. Extended car warranty costs depend on many factors, including:
- Location of vehicle
- Contract length
- Vehicle make, model, model year, and mileage
- Chosen coverage level
The Risks of Buying a Used Car Without a Warranty
Buying a used vehicle is the perfect choice for many drivers. When you buy a used vehicle without a warranty, you expose yourself to uncertain risks. You never know the things under the hood that may go wrong once you drive the car off the lot. The most important thing to know is that you cannot fall for anyone’s tricks. Our Auto Liquidators Plus team is honest and straightforward. We’re here to educate you about warranty options and encourage you to protect yourself with a warranty.
Taking Care of Drivers at Auto Liquidators Plus
Auto Liquidators Plus is proud to stand by our exemplary used car warranty to pair with your used car purchase. We invite you to check out our extensive inventory of used cars, trucks, and SUVs. We have multiple locations in Arlington, Dallas, Garland, and Tyler, TX, for your convenience. We offer fantastic financing options customized for your needs. Our helpful customer service team will guide you through every step of your car-buying journey. We encourage you to purchase our limited warranty to ensure peace of mind.
Visit Our DFW Area and Tyler, TX Locations
Auto Liquidators Plus has a stellar reputation with over 30 years in business and an A+ BBB rating. We’ll work with you to find the car of your dreams that matches your budget and lifestyle. If you have any other questions about car warranties, we’re here for you. Visit or contact us today!