Certified Inspections in the DFW and Tyler, TX Area
Annual Car Inspections at Auto Liquidators Plus
The state of Texas requires drivers to get a certified car inspection every year to ensure that their vehicle is safe. This process can be a hassle for some, but if you follow a few key guidelines, it can be simple. Auto Liquidators Plus offers tips for your state-certified inspection in Dallas, Arlington, and Tyler, Texas. Below you can find out how to prepare for and pass your certified used vehicle inspection. Schedule your car inspection today!
Getting Ready for Your Texas State Car Inspection
There are a few things you should do to prepare for your certified state inspection. You should first attend to any of the common problems that may lead you to fail your state inspection, like cracked windshields, worn tires, or active warning lights on your instrument panel. Once your car, truck, or SUV is ready, make sure you bring a few things with you. When you visit us for your state inspection, please bring your:
- Proof of Insurance: We need to verify that your vehicle is covered, but any state insurance provider will work.
- Driver’s License: You must present a current and valid driver’s license or photo ID before starting the inspection.
- State Inspection Fee: The state of Texas sets the prices for certified car inspections based on the type of vehicle, age, emission standards, and many other factors.
What to Expect During a Certified Inspection
In some cases, we can complete a certified inspection in as little as 30 minutes, but it is possible for inspections to take a couple of hours if specialized safety and emissions tests are required. We can usually give you a more accurate estimate once we have seen the vehicle. However, there are some routine areas we examine during your state inspection. The areas we inspect include:
- Emissions: We check to ensure that your vehicle is not emitting excessive amounts of harmful gases into the atmosphere.
- Mechanical Inspection: We check to make sure mechanical components inside your vehicle are working safely, including your engine, cooling system, drivetrain, transmission, and electrical system.
- Interior: The upholstery, seating, dashboards, steering wheel, gearshift, buttons, and dials are checked with precise attention to detail.
- Tires and Wheels: Your tires must be in an acceptable condition and not at risk of a blowout in order to pass your inspection.
- Body Condition: We’ll assess any damage to the paint or body of your vehicle, including any repairs performed as a result of past accidents.
- Road Test: Sometimes, the certified inspector will briefly drive the car to ensure it operates properly.
The Five Most Common Reasons Cars Fail Certified Inspections
While there are countless reasons that a vehicle may fail a certified inspection, some are more common than others. If you are preparing for a state automotive inspection, it may be wise to focus your efforts on the most common reasons drivers fail their annual inspections. The five most common reasons cars fail a certified inspection are:
- Worn or Damaged Tires
- Active Warning Lights on the Dashboard, Such as the Check Engine Light
- Parking Brake issues
- Burned Out Headlights and Taillights
- Cracked or Damaged Windshields or windows
Our Service Center Will Get Your Car up to Code
If your vehicle has any problems that you know may prevent it from passing your certified inspection, our service center can fix them ahead of time. We provide all the automotive repairs you need to get your car up to code. We can address check engine lights, change your oil, or repair damaged mechanical components.
Serving Dallas, Arlington, and Tyler, TX
Everyone in the state of Texas needs an annual certified inspection. So, all our locations offer this service to help make the certification process as easy as possible. Whether you're in Arlington, Dallas, or Tyler, you can expect the same level of high-quality craftsmanship and friendly service. We have three locations in Texas, which include:
Schedule Your Certified Used Vehicle Inspection Today!
Don’t let your annual certified inspection be a headache. Come to Auto Liquidators Plus, where we make car inspections a quick and stress-free process. Our certified inspectors will walk you through the results and help you do whatever it takes to get your car certified for the year. It all starts with a visit to our dealership. If you are interested in scheduling an inspection ahead of time, simply fill out a contact form or call us directly.